Monday, August 31, 2009

Killswitch Engage interview with Adam Dutkiewicz!

Killswitch Engage interview with Adam Dutkiewicz!

The Toronto Sun has posted an interview done by phone with KSE’s guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz. The title of the article is: “Engaging personality: Metal guitarist's self-deprecating humour a switch from the norm”…interesting!

Here’s few parts of it…

Toronto Sun: The band seems to get a lot of flak from metal purists for not being heavy enough.

Adam: “Yeah, there's metal fans that just want ripping guitar parts all the time and complete aggression. And I can't speak for the band, but I like having different elements in our material. I listen to all styles of music. Not just metal. So all the metalheads who say I'm not a real metalhead, well, maybe I'm not. But everyone's got their own thing, man. You won't catch me calling down anyone.”

Toronto Sun: How's your back? I understand you've had a chronic problem.

Adam: “Yeah, I've had several surgeries. I had disc herniations in 2007 -- pretty terrible extreme ones where I lost sensation below the waist actually. I couldn't walk. It was terrifying. I pretty much wrote off the band. I was pretty wrecked for half a year, maybe a little more. It was a pretty lengthy recovery. But lately I've been feeling very good. And now I wear a back brace onstage just to keep the lumbar stable.”

To read the entire article, go at:
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2009/08/31/10683716-sun.html

For more Kilswitch Engage news go at:

www.roadrunnerrecords.ca
www.myspace.com/roadrunnerrecordscanada1
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoadrunnerCanada
http://roadrunnerca.media-toolbar.com/

CrazyTan \m/**\m/