Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Slipknot - New interview with Paul Gray!

Slipknot - New interview with Paul Gray!

Ibanez spent some time talking to Paul Gray at NAMM this past weekend.

Here’s a part of it…

Ibanez: What originally inspired you to start playing music?

Paul: I've been a music fan as far back as I can remember. I think the band that actually made me pick up an instrument was Slayer. I saw them on the Hell Awaits tour, and I knew I wanted to do that. So I got a guitar. My first guitar ended up getting traded for meth, not by me but by some friends of mine [laughs]. There were other influences, but that show really was what started it all for me.
Ibanez: I know that you write a lot of the music in Slipknot. How does that process usually work for you?

Paul: I write a lot of stuff at home during the time off. I'll have a bunch of riffs, full songs, and partial pieces put together. When it's getting close to time to record, Joey and I will meet and put some basic songs together just to get something started. Everybody can come in and put their input in on all the ideas, too. We write on the spot, too. Somebody might just be noodling around, and we'll start putting something together based off of that idea. There's no real set way of doing it.

Check out the entire interview at:
http://www.ibanez.com/news?ceId=2761&cat=9

For more Slipknot news go at:

www.slipknot1.com
www.allhopeisgone.com
www.roadrunnerrecords.ca
www.myspace.com/roadrunnerrecordscanada1
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoadrunnerCanada
http://roadrunnerca.media-toolbar.com/

CrazyTan \m/**\m/