Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trivium: New interview with Travis!

Trivium: New interview with Travis!

Found on whittlesea-leader Australian Newspaper and posted on Trivium Myspace.

For Trivium drummer Travis Smith, making music has always been a part of his life.

“I would go to school and most of my schooling was band,” he said.

“I was in the marching band, concert band, jazz band, I was in a drum core class ... basically I would have music all day long and I would try to do that for as many semesters as I possibly could without my guidance counsellor freaking out.”

“Then I would go home from that and get behind my kit in my parents’ garage and just play for hours and hours and hours. I would play until 9pm at night because it was the latest my parents would let me play. I was on the other side of the wall when they were trying to eat dinner and watch TV.”

It’s a passion and work ethic that has seen Smith, 26, earn the reputation as one of the most explosive young drummers in the world and his band - a four-piece thrash metal outfit from Orlando in the US - international acclaim as the new kings of heavy metal.

Next month, Australia will get to experience the band first-hand when it hits our shores to promote its fourth studio album Shogun.

“Going to a beautiful place like Australia, we don’t have to ever second guess that. If they want us there, then we’ll be there,” Smith said.

Read the entire interview at:

http://whittlesea-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/trivium-is-on-track/

For more Trivium news go at:

www.trivium.org
www.triviumworld.com
www.roadrunnerrecords.ca
www.myspace.com/roadrunnerrecordscanada1
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoadrunnerCanada

CrazyTan \m/**\m/