Thursday, January 08, 2009

Shawn Crahan to release new EP with Dirty Little Rabbits!

Shawn Crahan to release new EP with Dirty Little Rabbits!

Dirty Little Rabbits, the band featuring Slipknot percussionist M. Shawn "Clown" Crahan, will release a new EP, "Simon", on January 20 via The End Records. The CD was tracked at Sound Farm Studios, which is the same place Slipknot recorded its latest album, "All Hope is Gone".

"Simon" track listing:

1. Poor Poor Woman with Her Head in the Oven

2. You Say

3. Hello

4. I'm So Beautiful

5. Happy

6. Same Mistakes

"Dirty Little Rabbits is my new Slipknot," Crahan recently told HeadbangersBlog.com. "I'm playin' drums, and I'm a songwriter and this is the band I've been waiting to be in my whole life. And it's more of an alternative band than a metal band. It's everything I've ever been into. And it's a thought process, it's a mindset. And this will be the band I end my life with.

"A lot of people don't know I'm more or less an alternative person in art and music. I didn't grow up obsessed with metal. But that's most of the beauty behind Slipknot. You've got guys that are completely dedicated to the metal, and then you've got guys who never even listen to it, like me. And you come together and make this thing called Slipknot that happens to be a metal band, and that's awesome because I always believed when I got together with my brothers that they were writing music that I never heard or felt and that's why I went with it.

"And I brought the art to this music, and throughout time I developed all my musical skills and – boom — here I am with Dirty Little Rabbits and it's finally everything I've ever wanted in a band."

Dirty Little Rabbits has thus far released a three-song EP, "Breeding", which was supported by a 27-date U.S. tour with Stone Sour that took the group from Fargo, North Dakota, up to New England, and down the East Coast to the southern reaches of Florida.

CrazyTan \m/**\m/