Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slipknot introduce new tourmates Coheed, Cambria and Trivium to their mad world

Slipknot introduce new tourmates Coheed, Cambria and Trivium to their mad world!

In the new issue of Revolver, Slipknot talk about touring and other bands with who they share the stage.

Every step in their career that Slipknot have strived was to surprise their fans with something unexpected, exciting and often dangerous. At the beginning, simply having nine guys wearing masks and coveralls duking it out on a small stage was shocking enough.

But as time went by and Slipknot’s popularity grew, they had to come up with new ways to blow people minds. So they altered the designs of their masks ad developed hazardous hydraulic percussions risers and a drum platform that tilted to the point where it was perpendicular to the stage, with only a harness keeping Joey Jordison from crashing through his kit and…to the ground!

“These three bands bring a sense of screw the norm, screw the bullshit.” - Corey Taylor

“I was 13 when I joined this band. So anything that’s ever happened in my life happened in this band playing shows” – Matt Heafy

“I can’t stand touring. I’m so bored I want to blow my head off!” – Shawn Crahan

Read the full article in the issue of Revolver.

CrazyTan \m/**\m/