Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Megadeth bassist checks in from Denmark!

Megadeth bassist checks in from Denmark!

Megadeth bassist James Lomenzo has issued the following update from the "Priest Feast" tour, also featuring Judas Priest and Testament:

"The 'Priest Feast' has been better then expected. There's been great back stage camaraderie between the bands and their crews, it's a great thing to be part of. Everybody's working together to make the best possible show for you all who are coming down."

"The crowds that have been attending have really got me stoked. The energy's been electric (eye). Yesterday at sound check in Gothenburg , I was called to the stage by one of our crew, ...'JLo, report to the stage...' As I walked around to the back, I passed by Chuck (two first names) Billy [Testament] who remarked, 'Did someone just call you JLo?' He seemed amused and indicated that my crew might be acting just a bit insubordinate. I shrugged and said, 'No, that's what they call me.' 'Called me it back in Brooklyn too, way before there was a big butted Latina with the same acronym.' He kind of shook his head like, 'I don't know...' So, I reminded him of the few choice items from his past that he (or was it some one else?) divulged in his dressing room the other night... I won't reveal any of it here 'cause like you, I like the big, bad-ass Chuck Billy persona just as he is now. Besides, who needs to get on his bad side?”

"Anyway, great show in Gothenburg. It was fantastic to see Mikkey Dee (Motorhead, King Diamond) and some of the King Diamond clan back stage. Most of us went out out to a local bar afterwards and had a grand time. All in all, a real 'metal' event.”

"Here in Denmark (we got in around 8 AM), we continue our quest to complete the new album. We set up in Dave's [Mustaine] room again and knocked out some guitar solos and embellishments for two of the songs. Things are taking shape at a comfortable pace and we're all really stocked with what we're coming up with.”

"So, it's gettin' to the wee hours here and there's more metal ahead of us. Looking forward to the show in Horsens, Denmark. I don't think I've ever played here before so it will be great to see my Danish friends tear it up here."

On January 7, Megadeth commenced the recording process for its twelfth studio album at the band's own Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California. The CD is once again being helmed by acclaimed British producer Andy "Undie" Sneap, who produced Megadeth's last album, "United Abominations" (May 2007, Roadrunner Records).

Tentatively due later this year via Roadrunner Records, Megadeth's forthcoming LP will be the group's first with guitarist Chris Broderick, who replaced Glen Drover at the end of 2007.

For more Megadeth news go at:

www.roadrunnerrecords.ca
www.myspace.com/roadrunnerrecordscanada1
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RoadrunnerCanada
http://roadrunnerca.media-toolbar.com/

CrazyTan \m/**\m/